ABOUT YOUNG CUMBRIA
WHO WE ARE
Young Cumbria is one of Cumbria’s leading youth charities. We provide services that empower young people to create positive change in their lives and in their communities.
WHAT WE DO
Our youth work aims to meet gaps in services for young people and find solutions to key issues facing young people in the county. Central to this is the voice of young people and working in partnership with them to find these solutions. We work to support local disadvantaged young people in developing responses/projects/services that address issues they care about or issues that are affecting them. In addition to this, we also have a long history of providing support to the voluntary youth sector which we continue to offer through our Membership Support Service. We work in partnership with any other business or service that works, supports or shares our vision.
Young Cumbria’s vision is to create positive and lasting change in the lives of young people in Cumbria and particularly to make a significant difference in outcomes for those young people most disadvantaged.
Our vision inspires us to ensure we deliver high quality services to young people
- Services are developed in response to need
- Services are flexible and responsive
- Services that challenge the status quo
- Services that see young people as educators
- Services that build on young people’s strengths
The values that govern our development include;
- We value non-judgemental relationships with young people
- We value openness to personal and social education
- We value diversity
- We believe that people working together can achieve positive lasting change
- We value partnership based on honesty and respect
- We value innovation and creativity generated by shared endeavour